Saturday 1 February 2014

Sarah Callaghan

Sarah Callaghan when she was Sarah Hill in Dublin.

This weekend falls between the anniversary of my mum's death, Jan 31, 2000 and her birthday, Feb 7. At the time it seemed unspeakably cruel to have the two events so close together but having lost both parents, and seen friends go through the same, you realise that there's a whole list of firsts that will break your heart: the first birthday, the first weekend, the first day without them is almost too much to bear. But then you find you can.

 My Mum, Sarah Callaghan.

Wonderfully glamorous on an unknown park.


Getting that Lynda to do anything she doesn't want to wasn't easy!


With her brother-in-law Tommy Holt on Humberstone  Park.


If you'd like to be involved contact us on 0116 276 9186 or pop in to:

The Emerald Centre, Gipsy Lane, Leicester. LE5 OTB

We're now also on Twitter: follow me on  @irishleicester or join The Irish in Leicester group on Facebook.
Click here to view a map of The Irish in Leicester. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi could you tell me if you no a irish man named Jim Callaghan could you contact me on my email as I haven't got a blog account my email is carolburt2011@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete